Friday, March 16, 2012

Pregnancy Craving: Green Spinach Smoothie


So what did you crave when you were pregnant?  For me it has been anything sweet but to be honest I crave sweeties even when I am not pregnant. During my 2nd and 3rd trimester I have needed an extra boost in iron so I started drinking these Green Spinach Smoothies and they have quickly become my new obsession. Plus they are sweet so it is a win win!



GREEN SPINACH SMOOTHIE
ingredients 

- 4C. Spinach 
- 1 Banana
- 1/2C. Greek Yogurt 
(you can use whatever flavor/brand you like. I just try to pick the one with the most protein and lowest sugar)
- 1C. Frozen Fruit  
(I used mango, but have also tried blueberry & pineapple)  
- 1C. Water
- 1 packet of emergency
(if you like a little sour kick)

Throw all the ingredients in a blender once it becomes a smoothie texture you are all set and ready to drink your smoothie!  

No comments:

Post a Comment